Registration Terms and Conditions
By completing the registration process you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I agree that I am authorized to register for this trip.
- I agree to pay any fees related to cancellation for false registrations.
- I agree to pay for any optional excursions or packages for which I have registered.
- I agree that some components including but not limited to airfare, cruise cabins or hotel rooms, may not be changed after registration.
- I agree to provide accurate and legal names at the time of registration.
- I agree to pay any fees related to names I have provided which are not correct.
- I agree that I will pay any costs related to deviations* or for bringing additional guests.
- I agree to notify the program coordinator at least ninety days prior to departure if I intend to deviate* or bring additional guests.
Change/Deviation Fees:Special group discounts have been negotiated by Columbus Travel on behalf of the group with the hotel, airline, tour operator, and other travel suppliers. It is anticipated that some individuals may want to travel ahead of the group or stay longer than the group travel dates or otherwise modify their trip. These deviations may have a negative effect on the pre-negotiated rates. Deviating passengers may be considered individual travelers and must be ticketed at the applicable fares. Columbus charges a deviation fee of $50.00 per person plus applicable costs for alternative travel arrangements, accommodations, and/or activities from participants, who may wish to travel to the destination early, extend their stay, or otherwise deviate from the group program as pre-arranged. It is understood that these fees shall be paid by the individual travelers who choose to deviate.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Responsibility: Travel Services, Inc. dba Columbus Travel (“We”) acts as an agent for the airlines, tour operators, cruise lines, lodging providers, car rental companies, ground operators, and any other suppliers of travel services (“Suppliers”) shown on your itinerary. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of such suppliers or their subcontractors or their failure to provide services, adhere to their own schedules, or honor their contracts. We are not liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or mode of transportation, through the acts, defaults, financial difficulty or bankruptcy or omissions of suppliers. We are not liable for delays and/or cancellations of services and resultant expenses or loss caused by acts of God, sickness, quarantine, weather, strikes, war, terrorism, social or labor unrest, local laws, mechanical or construction difficulties, abnormal conditions, natural disasters, fire, or other situations, actions, omissions or conditions outside our reasonable control. We are not liable for loss of or damage to baggage or personal possessions. Suppliers reserve the right to alter or cancel itineraries or substitute services as conditions require or for the safety of passengers. Purchase of any item or package constitutes acceptance of terms and conditions.
- Hazards: We have no special knowledge regarding foreign entry requirements, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, supplier bankruptcies, or the suitability for any individual of any portion of any tour. For foreign entry requirements and travel advisories, go to https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html. For foreign health requirements and dangers, go to http://www.cdc.gov/travel/index/htm. You hereby release us from any claims resulting in whole or in part from any problem covered in this paragraph and any other causes not within our control, and to submit all other claims against us within 30 days after the return of your trip.
- Limitation of Refunds: All airlines impose cancellation and change penalties up to 100% for many discount tickets. All tour operators, cruise lines, and some resort hotels impose cancellation and change penalties. Please view the applicable rules before you make your reservation.
- Delays: Flight delays are common. If your flight is delayed for any reason, the airlines are not required by law to pay for your en route expenses, such as meals, hotels, taxis, and phone calls.
- Check Your Itinerary: As soon as you receive your booked itinerary, check it thoroughly to make sure it is correct as to dates, times, fares, and rates.
- Reconfirmation: Schedule changes are common. We urge you to re-check exact flight times prior to departure and prior to your return.
- ID Required to Board Flights: The TSA requires you to carry a government issued ID in order to board a flight traveling within the United States and a passport for any flight traveling outside the United States. The name, date of birth and gender that appears on the ID must exactly match the same such data that is listed on your airline ticket(s) and booking record(s). Failure to strictly comply may result in denied boarding or an undue delay at an airport security checkpoint.
- Important Passport and International Travel Information: If you are traveling to a foreign country a government issued, non-expired U.S. passport book (with at least four blank visa pages) is required, regardless of age, for the destinations to which you are traveling. The name on your reservation must match exactly the name on your passport. Look at the expiration date on your passport. Please make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after travel is completed (some countries require one year). Children under the age of 18 traveling with only one parent or someone who is not a parent or legal guardian should travel with a notarized letter of consent. U.S. citizens may be denied entry to a country if they have ever been charged or convicted of a serious crime, including a DUI. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide the correct documentation as described and failure to do so may result in denied boarding or entry. We are unable to refund unused flights, hotels, or add-ons because of denied boarding or denied entry to a foreign country. For more information please visit www.travel.state.gov or U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Final Payment: For all vacation trips, you must have made full payment before we release the tickets or documents.
- Non-Use of Coupons/Transferability: In the event that you purchase a ticket or tickets containing flight coupons that you may or may not use, we do not guarantee that the airline will honor the ticket or tickets, and you agree to indemnify us against airline claims for the difference between the full fare for your actual itinerary and the value of the ticket that you purchased. Most air tickets are non-refundable once purchased and fees apply to change dates and/or times. Air tickets are non-transferable.
- Rates: Rates for accommodations and cruises are per person based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted. Rates are capacity controlled and subject to availability. Rates may vary depending on actual date traveled. Rates are subject to change at any time. Rates may be subject to advance purchase, minimum or maximum stays and may be date or time specific. Cruise rates are in the minimum category unless otherwise noted and do not include taxes and/or fees. Other restrictions may apply. Columbus Travel reserves the right to correct misprints or errors on the website or in advertising. Cruise lines and tour and vacation packages have penalties once purchased. Please see specific supplier brochures or ask your agent for current cancellation guidelines. Airline passenger facility charges up to $18, September 11th Security Fee up to $10 and other government taxes and fees are included in airfare quotes or any vacation package that includes airfare. There may be additional airline baggage fees that vary by airline and destination. All airline and government fees are subject to change at any time. NCF or port fees are included in all cruise prices. Unless specifically stated, airfare, transfers, gratuities (tips), and shore excursions are not included in listed cruise prices. Cruise ships are of foreign registry: Bermuda, Bahamas, Italy, etc. Currency rates on this website are based on various publicly available sources and are subject to change based on exchange rates. Rates are not verified as accurate, and actual rates may vary.
- Travel Protection: Columbus Travel recommends Travel Protection to help protect you and your trip investment. Please ask your agent for further details about travel protection.
- Privacy: We do not disclose addresses or other personal information about our customers.
- Seat Assignments: We do all in our power to assure seats for passengers traveling together on aircraft are assigned together, but because airline seating is controlled by the air carrier, we cannot guarantee specific seat assignments.
- Group Travel: We rotate seats on motor coach tours where practicable and under our control. Passengers must be in good health and able to care for their own needs. Please contact us regarding any health concerns you may have or if you need to bring any specialized medical equipment such as wheelchairs, oxygen tanks, etc. so that we can determine if transportation services, hotels, and other suppliers can accommodate your equipment. If it is determined that your equipment can be accommodated, you or your traveling companion are fully responsible for it and must be able to lift, fold, push, and handle the equipment. Tour directors cannot be of assistance with such needs. We reserve the right to remove passengers from groups at their own expense if the care of or actions of a passenger becomes detrimental to the functioning of a tour.
- Information on Website: You agree not to use or authorize the use of this information for any purpose other than personal use, and not to engage or authorize anyone to engage in the resale, redistribution, and use of the information on this website for commercial purposes. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us and/or our suppliers. Any software that is on this website including HTML codes and software made available to download from this website (“Software”) is our copyrighted work or the copyrighted work of our suppliers or licensors. Product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Exclusive Jurisdiction: All legal action in connection with, or incident to, this Agreement shall be litigated, if at all, in the courts of the United States, State of Utah, Davis County, to the exclusion of other courts of any other state.
- NO WARRANTIES: THE CONTENT, CODE, ACCESS, AND OTHER FEATURES OF THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY SUCH FEATURES WILL OPERATE UNINTERRUPTED OR IN AN ERROR-FREE FASHION, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- NO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES: IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS AND COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PORDUCTS, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY CONTENT OR FEATURES, OR YOUR FAILURE TO ACCESS OR CLICK THRU ACCESS ANY CONTENT OR FEATURES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBLITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.